Monday, March 2, 2009

Discovering the Hanaranger's Suit Actors

On the sentai series "Ninja Sentai Kakuranger" in 1994, there were five villains known as the Hana no Kunoichi Gumi, also known as the Hanarangers. Well, in 2005 I started researching the suit actors for my site SuperSentai.com and more extensively through Kamen Rider and other toku a couple of months ago. I never dared look for who played the Hanaranger because I thought it would be hopeless, even though I did find out who played the Nejiranger.

I found out that Sakura (Cherry Blossom, pink) was played by no other than Naoko Kamio, who played MegaPink and most recently Master Shafu and RoboTough in Gekiranger. Ayame (Iris, blue) was played by Kiyohito Nakagawa, who played Pteraranger (the original 'Mighty Morphin' Pink Ranger) and OhYellow. The other three, I am not sure about their names nor who they are, but I have them as Tie Tanabe, Yumiko Kuratsune, and Ritsuko Noguti. I got the names off Japanese Wiki on Kakuranger and suit/stunt actors.


Check out the Hanaranger on my suit actor section on SuperSentai.com
Check out my suit actor section


1 comment:

freedomblack said...

Suiren is Green, Yuri is Orange and Ran is Purple.