Friday, May 15, 2009

Queer Eye for the Rider Guy: Decade Complete Form and Kuuga new form

I decided it might be fun to critique the new uniforms in Kamen Rider Decade. The reason I call this "Queer Eye for the Rider Guy," as a reference to "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy"--I know that show is old, but I thought it would be cool to have a perspective of a gay person.

Kamen Rider Decade Complete Form
First off, they almost completely discarded pink from the outfit and went to black and silver, still keeping the barcode look and bulkiness of the last one. He gets a 4-pack abs like the last one had abs. What people don't' like are the cards on the front, of all the past Riders, it looks like a display case. I think it is distracting when he will fight. It looks so awkward. There could have been a better way to show the past Riders, like symbols on the chest and back or something like that. I like the Pink eyes, I like the shiny look. What is curious is the card on the top of his helmet, it is a picture of this helmet, meaning there is a mirror-like repetition of the same image, an endless paradox. Meaning the picture has the card as well and then in the card of the card, there he is again in a endless cycle. I am not loving the silver shoes, they are so boxy, they look a bit tasteless. The belt buckle looks like a PSP!

Kuuga
I think it doesn't have an official name yet. It is more gold than black. It has more horns and more details, it reminds me of the new rider Goldra in Cho Kamen Rider Den-O & Decade NEO Generations The Movie: The Onigashima Battleship. The helmet looks like a bit like Kamen Rider Another Agito but it is black and the mouth is more normal. I think it looks good, I would love if it had some red in it, maybe on the belt. I don't like how the eyes go black though. I hope Norihito Itou plays this form, like he played Kuuga in an early episode of Kamen Rider Decade.

2 comments:

RFyleCreatorAnimator said...

One word. WOW!!!!

Ignika said...

I bet you know the name of the new Kuuga form by now, but I'll tell you anyway. That is Kuuga's Rising Ultimate form and Decade's color is really magenta(Often confused with pink.)