Thursday, August 18, 2011

Lord Zedd and Emperor Zurg: Seperated at Birth?


This is probably old news but I recently noticed this as I just got my nephew Toy Story 2 and I hadn't seen it in a while. Even though Emperor Zurg was mentioned in the first movie Toy Story, we didn't see him and he didn't appear until Toy Story 2. Toy Story 2 wasn't released until 1999 and Zurg appeared in the Buzz Lightyear series, which began in 2000. Lord Zedd first showed up in Power Rangers in 1995. So I believe Zurg met had been subconsciously based on Zedd. His mouth looks like an upside-down version of Zedd's mouth and he seems to have the same vision thingy Zedd has. Bandai should had follow suit and had a hole in the back of Zedd's head to see through it in red like on the show. And don't forget the 'Z' on their bodies and headquarters.
Related:
http://henshingrid.blogspot.com/2009/11/movies-inspired-by-power-rangers-toy.html

No comments: