Thursday, August 4, 2011

The History of the Ranger Central Site

Every so often explain how I came to work on Ranger Central and how it exists. It is one site, along with Rangerboard, Rovang's Writer's Guide to the Power Rangers Universe and Grnrngr.com that has lasted so long. I, Lavender Ranger, found out about Sentai in 1997 (thanks to Ranger Central) and made my own webpage in 1999 initially called Super Sentai/Power Rangers Fansite. Ray, 'ZyuRay' on Rangerboard, created Power Rangers Central (www.rangercentral.com) around 1996 or 1997, I'm not sure, I've never e-mailed or chatted with him. So how did I come to be co-webmaster if I never had contact with him?

Above logo I made back in 2000 when I renamed my site 'Sentai Time Capsule' and decided to cover stuff before Zyuranger, since my site was just stuff from Zyuranger to Timeranger (remember, this was 2000). In 2002, I decided to quit and gave the site to a friend online Mike Bastian. We eventually became site partners, he was more organized than I and handled the code. So from then on, like now, I covered the writing, web site image grabbing, and facts and he covered codes, images and scanning and editing. We expanded the site to be like Rangercental andcover all Super Sentai seasons. I know my grammar is not great, some stuff is from other sites and wikipedia, I did change around the words and rarranged with theasuras. And there are some pages that aren't fleshed out because I haven't seen the show. We have looked for help for a long time.

Around Dino Thunder or SPD, Ray gave his site away to Mike, just to archive. Mike did want to archive but I wanted to expand. We got Poweranimals to help as well. I didn't really did things for PRC until 2007, I mostly covered Supersentai.com/Sentai Time Capsule. I basically wrote the episode guides for Operation Overdrive and RPM, and translated the whole PRC site in Spanish. Mike expanded into Toku Cental and Kamen Rider Legacy sites about two years ago and I helped write for that stuff (mostly wikipedia I know). Anyway that's how I got involved with PRC. So now Mike merged all the sites together into PRCU in order to make things easier and we can treat the whole site as one. And yes, many have complained about the name--- that Kamen Rider is not Power Rangers and all the other Toku. But we are just using it as an umbrella term.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would just like to say thnx. You see I didn't even now that power rangers was Japanese till I found sentai time capsule on google. And if I hadn't the I probably would not be in to all the awesome Toku stuff I watch now like Gokaiger the first sentai I've seen it's entirety and OOO the 3rd Kamen Rider I've seen in it's entirety after W and Decade. I wouldn't now about any of these awesome testaments to of Japanese history if I hadn't found that time capsule, so thank you thank you very much.

LUKE said...

yup, I would also want to say thanks as well...most of the time in the past thought Power rangers is create by American but with new knowledge...I wont be cheat by Saban anymore

Anonymous said...

Always enjoyed visiting the sites whenever I need info and to chat w/ folks who share the same hobby and passion. Thank you all for your hard work and dedication! Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Yes thank you but way does it take a long time to update the Power Rangers side of the site.

Anonymous said...

I remember learning english in Rangercentral. I was like seven...

Oh memories :)