Thursday, September 29, 2011

Queer Eye for Kamen Rider Nadeshiko


It is a long time since I have done a 'Queer Eye' outfit critique, mostly because no other costume has really peaked my interest to make a review. Let's start with the face, hers is similar to Fourze expect that the 'V' space antenna stretch out on the back looking like bunny ears or a girl's ribbons, I rather like the design. Her eyes look like Fourze but the whole face looks cute, like one of those cute little Anime of space girls. The belt looks straight on the front but looks like its at an angle on the back, I like when women's belts are sideways, harking back to Batgirl int he 60's Batman series. Her primary colors are cyan, silver and black, I think the black trims help the outfit from being bland. The cyan cuffs on the feet and the boot heels remind me of Kamen Rider Kivara. I like how the cyan front becomes a sailor back like a Japanese school girl, it is like a trick, you don't expect it. It might remind some people of Sailor Moon, but the reason she has that is because she is a high school student. I like the pink collar, I wish they had used more pink, maybe a stripe around the cuffs or a piping on the legs. All in all, a great outfit, I would had wished her helmet was silver instead of white, to match the suit and not look too much like Fourze.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must say that I am complete awe with her uniform.
First of all, the colors are beautiful and it meshes well (although I do agree with your comment on her helmet).
The design of her unform is very cute but has a battle edge to it that makes her look very formidable. She looks like she can kick butt and maintain a feminine charm at the same time.
What I especially love about her uniform is that she's wearing heels. I love to see women fight in heels.
Things I don't like about is that random pink color. I don't know, I feel like it could be a different color or non-existing. Other than that, it is very unique and better looking than Kamen Rider Fourze.

Luca said...

From certain angles, it looks like she has nekomimi ears. I put those on literally all of my suit designs. It's my trademark.