Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Power Rangers Network and Cable Scheduling

 I thank Burgundy Ranger of Power Rangers On-Air Central for this help on scheduling. He specializes in archiving the scheduling of programs, including Power Rangers. I wanted to make a record to as to what times have Power Rangers have aired on Network and Cable television.


Official Eastern and Pacific Times:
On Fox: 11:30am / 7:30am (weekdays, 3:30pm for afternoon affiliates) / 8:30am / 8:00am / 9:00am / 9:30am ... 8:30am weekdays (4:30 pm for afternoon affiliates) / 10:30am / 11am

 Affiliates could change the times. In Washington DC, Burgundy Ranger says 3-5pm and then 2-4 on weekdays. For my local city of Miami, it was early affiliate at 7:30am and then changed to 4:30pm on weekdays.

Fox then had 'Prime Time Power Rangers' in 1994 on three Fridays. First week July 21, 1994, Mutiny Part 1 at 8PM and X-Men at 8:30 and then second week July 29 at 8PM with Mutiny Part 2. Mutiny Part 3 aired August 5th at 8PM. I think one of the parts aired at 8:30PM.
ABC (all times Eastern): 11:30, 12:00, 12:30. 5 a.m. was never part of a set network schedule. It was up to the affiliate. I heard that some affiliates aired it at 5, 7, and 8 AM. My affiliate did Wild Force and Ninja Storm and Dino Thunder at 11:30am and 12pm and everything from SPD to RPM was at 5am and 5:30am. Retrofan says his local station did 6am and 10am. ABC only did Saturdays.

On ABC Family, the Jetix block aired from 7am to 12, I am not sure about the times of Power Rangers. I think Dino Thunder aired like at 8 or 9. And repeats of past seasons aired at 8 and 11 or something like that. Marathons did run of PR but I am not sure if it was 7am to 12. ABC Family did Sundays. I forgot that there was a brief period where FOX Family was transitioning into ABC Family.

On Toon Disney, I know PR aired at 8pm. It might have aired at different hours, I am not sure. I didn't have Toon Disney. Toon Disney air PR almost every day.

On Nickelodeon, they have aired Power Rangers Samurai on Sunday at 12 and then Saturdays at 12 and sometimes at 12:30 and now I hear in an early time.

 On Nick Toons, they have played marathons so it is possible they have played Power Rangers at every time. Nick Toons have played PR on every single day practically. Sometimes skip a day but eventually that day does get PR airing.


And now on the CW, Power Rangers Lost Galaxy airs at 8am in the Vortexx block.


2 comments:

Tyler Bozetski said...

I remember on my ABC station, when they aired two episodes a week (End of Wild Force-mid Dino Thunder), the first one aired at 6:00 AM and the second aired at 10:00 AM

Unknown said...

You also forgot that before it was ABC Family, there was Fox Family and they had the History of Power Rangers and Power Rangers on Fox Family.