Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Junior Defenders

I didn't know about this movie, I just found out about it today. It came out in 2007 straight to DVD and is about a deranged fan of a fictional show that was like Batman/Power Rangers and he kidnaps them to make an last episode of his favorite show. It starred Brian O'Halloran (Clerks and Clerks 2) and Jason David Frank. Funny enough, Jason David Frank dressed in purple spandex, not Red, Green, Black or White. His character's name was even Tommy! I haven't seen it but I heard it was funny. I am surprised David even agreed to do it, probably because it was a parody of a show similar to one he was on.

4 comments:

Mark said...

I honestly think Batman's used that plotline at least five times over the years.

Luca said...

If I could make my own toku show, it would be a totally R-rated parody of sentai, sort of like a cross between Scott Pilgrim, Strange Days At Blake Holesy High, and Mystic Force.

HeatEdgeSword said...

Junior defender? Never heard of it.

James Spiring said...

Sounds like Galaxy Quest...