Saturday, December 3, 2011

Sailor Moon Fan Films

I myself attempted a Power Rangers fan film, so I know how hard it is. I give big props to these two, I am sure there is more but I am focusing on these two. They are a short film and a trailer, both called "Sailor Moon the Movie."

Sailor Moon the Movie:
The beginning, set in the Silver Millennium in the past is epic and well done. I like that Tuxedo Mask is shirtless for a while, but don't like the vampire-like monster, reminds me of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The cat looks strange, i don't know if it is a real one or a CGI one. I like how it speaks through telepathy and not a cheesy moving mouth. The Sailor Moon costume itself is based on the original design Naoko Takeuchi designed for the Manga, with orange wrist rings and silver hair. I don't like how other DIC Anime dubs names are used like Melvin but Molly is not used, her original name Naru is.

Their channel is TheSailorMoonMovie:

Sailor Moon the Movie Live-Action Trailer:
This second one uses music from PGSM (Pretty Soldiers Sailor Moon) and has all five Sailor Senshi. It has Tuxedo Mask combating Sailor V in a store. Even though the actresses might not be ideal, I do like the fight between the two. I don't like how Mercury's visor is not clear and more like a mask. It looks like their suits are based on the original Manga outfits as well (rumor is she looked at them after many years and didn't remember doing them).

Their channel is SailorMoonTheMovie:

1 comment:

animemaster9009 said...

Oh yeah. I saw that in facebook the other day. I gotta admit I was very impressed with the way they were going.