Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Dan Evans III (MMPR Reversion) on Twitter

Producer Dan Evans III has written a couple tidbits on the reversion of MMPR, including an apology on his Twitter. I have to admit I am not a big fan of Twitter, yes I don't have a Twitter account, go and sue me. Well, don't do like Ms. Palin and get a gun. You got the hang Bear Arms on your wall. Anyhoo, I degress,I save you guys some time sorting through some juicy and sort-of-juicy comments.Super juicy ones in Yellow.

Also "Shower the rangers with a hail of putty" just sounds nasty.
(Sounds like a quote from Rita Repulsa)
11:17 AM Feb 11th via Seesmic

WHY ARE ZACK AND BULK ALWAYS HAVING DANCE CONTESTS? That is like Justin Timberlake challenging Stephen Hawking.
11:14 AM Feb 11th via Seesmic

I have to give Cheryl Saban props for actually trying to do character beats on Power Rangers. She also seemed to have the biggest sets.


I script out the effects shots.
3:34 PM Feb 9th via Seesmic in reply to poweranimals

nah a month ago that is the script I was writing. I am on script 25.
(Approximately the episode could be Life's a Masquerade or Island of Illusion, hard to tell.)
2:19 PM Feb 9th via Seesmic in reply to poweranimals

YAY another epsiode of Zack getting moded by Angela!
11:53 AM Feb 2nd via Seesmic

Sorry i am not following anyone i don't know personally or professionally. Otherwise I would be overwhelmed by MMPR folks currently.
9:31 AM Jan 23rd via Seesmic in reply to aresef

Uh we are only halfway thru MMPR so not sure what I am doing next.
6:09 PM Jan 5th via Seesmic in reply to dillangandhi

While I love iCarly, their graphics do not influence the MMPR treatments.
12:04 PM Jan 23rd via Seesmic

I really am not supposed to talk about MMPR anymore but it wasn't a simple swap since it is a one-off. Color correction was tried.
(I think he is referring to my complaint of A Different Drum and the silver-ified Pink Ranger)
8:21 AM Feb 27th via Seesmic in reply to nekollx


If I can't get it from Disney i just start googling.
4:15 PM Jan 4th via Seesmic in reply to pattychanman

There are two women on MMPR I am dying to know who they are and how they were on the show so much.
(He is not the only one that would like to know who uncredited people are!)
12:23 PM Jan 22nd via Seesmic

Seriously, even the staunchest Ranger fan has to admit the opening fight in PR Punks is terribly edited and shot.
9:50 AM Jan 15th via Seesmic

I want to say we try to pumpit up but I try not to think about MMPR in HD. I will get you a better answer.
9:07 AM Jan 9th via Seesmic in reply to ashuraou

"TOMMY WE SUCK! YOU BETTER BEAT THIS MONSTER FOR US!"
3:10 PM Jan 13th via Seesmic #

This show has the best pyrotehnics. DRAGONZORD!
3:09 PM Jan 13th via Seesmic

Seems a waste of putties to just bust up Kimberly's Float model. Next time Rita will send a monster to pick up some takeout.
(Referring to "The Spit Flower")
3:03 PM Jan 13th via Seesmic

I am just the Reversion producer. You gotta talk to Disney.
8:03 PM Jan 3rd via Seesmic in reply to AdamStabelli

So when they form Dragonzord Fighting Mode, where does Tommy go?
(Maybe, he is referring to "Itsy Bitsy Spider" or a later episode)
2:39 PM Jan 28th via Seesmic

HOLY CRAP! I forgot about the awesome Power Bow Cam!
(Maybe he is talking about "Power Punks")
11:43 AM Jan 11th via Seesmic

If you get attacked by Rita Repulsa every week, wouldn't you just automatically assume anything bad happening is her fault?
11:22 AM Jan 11th via Seesmic

Disney format. Credits over the end. You learn something new everyday.
8:10 PM Jan 10th via Seesmic in reply to FortMax

That really isn't the Q-Rex.
(Response to the popular conception that it is Q-Rex behind the Red Ranger, even though a fan has a pic of Q-Rex that exactly matches it.)
6:41 PM Jan 9th via Seesmic in reply to PrometheusUFO

I swear to god we just used the Trex shot coming out of the ground and reversed it for that shot. I have the chart for the QRex
7:03 PM Jan 5th via Seesmic in reply to JohnPGreen

hahaha that is just reversed footage of the Trex
5:59 PM Jan 5th via Seesmic in reply to JohnPGreen

Seriously, I have not cut one episode. Only added stuff.
9:43 AM Jan 9th via Seesmic in reply to poweranimals

pretty sure I answered this. Disney decides.
11:00 AM Jan 6th via Seesmic in reply to Diehardgamer

no we color corrected the show then added graphics.
6:07 PM Jan 5th via Seesmic in reply to dillangandhi

Asked. I was stoked. I Like Rangers, I like comics.
(I think he means he was asked to do it)
2:18 PM Jan 4th via Seesmic

Oh I guess I should have said I am working on "Power Ranger Punks" since the order is different.
11:55 AM Jan 4th via Seesmic in reply to poweranimals

If I understand your ?, we remaster from the orig Saban masters. Oh and we don't change the music. We can't legally
8:58 PM Jan 3rd via Seesmic in reply to fantasythunder

Yes yes I know it isn't in the Japanese version.
8:02 PM Jan 3rd via Seesmic in reply to Rofang

Does anyone know why Jason is changing clothes in the background?
1:14 PM Jan 2nd via Brizzly

we try to match the effects to the shot. I just couln't look at that building anymore.
2:51 PM Jan 4th via Seesmic in reply to FortMax

I love that the ABC promos use NONE of the new footage.
12:57 PM Jan 2nd via Brizzly

The first 4 episodes efx are influenced by JH WIlliams and Jim Mahfood. Neither of them will ever talk to me again.
12:56 PM Jan 2nd via Brizzly

The first two episodes are on with my new fiddlings.
12:51 PM Jan 2nd via Brizzly in reply to NikoleZ

Yes I resorted to BATMAN efx. But I have a practical reason for it.
12:51 PM Jan 2nd via Brizzly

POPUP FACT: When Rita blows up that rock it is super clear that they used totally different people.
12:47 PM Jan 2nd via Brizzly

I also wish they would let me do a Pop Up Video style version of the show.
(I actually mentioned this in my first harsh review!)
12:46 PM Jan 2nd via Brizzly

Wow I already hate some of the stuff I did to the show, knowing what we can do now.
12:41 PM Jan 2nd via Seesmic

OMG did we just have a shot looking thru the hole Dragonzord drilled in the spider???
("Itsy Bitsy Spider")
12:20 PM Dec 29th, 2009 via Seesmic

I just realized I haven't seen Kimberly in 5 minutes. She must have gotten sick during shooting
12:19 PM Dec 29th, 2009 via Seesmic

The only thing that hurts is that people think I am trying to ruin it. I have been watching Rangers since it aired. Even the movies.
8:15 PM Jan 3rd via Seesmic in reply to Rofang

Dammit I want that Dragonzord Missles music cue for my ringtone!
12:18 PM Dec 29th, 2009 via Seesmic

In the end, Evans is just a worker and following orders, it isn't his fault and he is not the bad guy. He is a Power Rangers Fan, but a job is a job and PR Fans are always difficult, so more power to him. Like I have always said for years, MMPR Season 1 is not perfect. Now those fans that loved MMPR S1, are now claiming the episodes they loved better were in the last ones (with the zyu2 monsters) because now that they saw the early eps as adults, they see the faults such as repetitiveness, faulty editing, lack of budget, etc. I personally believe we didn't notice it as much since the episodes ran back to back on weekdays for a while.

Grnrngr.com Interviews Dan Evans

No comments: